Department of medical education (DME), Ayub Medical College, Abbottabad, started its very first activity of Community Oriented Medical Education (COME) in 1998 under the leadership of Prof. Dr. Muhammad Abdul Khaliq. The pioneer in establishing the DME were Prof. Dr. Abdul Karim Saeed and Prof. Dr. Tariq Saeed Mufti. In 2005, the department was further developed and equipped for Skill Training Program.
Currently, Dr. Sadia Habib is Deputy Director DME, it is emphasized that the DME shall play a role to develop faculty for modern modes of medical education. Through years, DME facilitated not only the undergraduates, but also persistently trained postgraduate trainee and paramedic faculty. With recent transformation of medical education, successful implementation of integrated curriculum in mother institute is also been achieved. Under the patronage of Prof. Dr. Umer Farooq, Principal and CEO of Ayub Medical College, Abbottabad, DME is pursuing novelty and advancement in medical education.
Our Vision is to be a leading institute of Pakistan in medical Education, health care services and research.
Our Mission is to deliver distinctive medical care encompassing curative, preventive, and rehabilitative services and to pursue excellence in Medical Education & Research to produce a workforce receptive to the health care needs of the communities.
- To develop critical thinking, problem-solving skills and educational research environs pertaining to medical profession.
- To organize and execute faculty development programs and promote Health Profession Education activities.
- To renovate DME upto the standards of WFME and collaborate with national and international institute of health profession education.
- Developing the foundational rules and term of references for successful implementation of integrated system in the institute.
- Developing a system of faculty training according to modern principles of medical education.
- Improving existing curriculum (e.g. by initiating the process of integration within the subjects) in accordance to the guidelines of PMC and WFME.
- Implementing the existing curriculum in structured manner by utilizing modern system of information transfer like problem-based learning.
- Initiating the fair feedback and assessment system by mean of module, teacher, and program evaluation tools.
- supporting educational research and enhancing medical writing in institution (e.g. gathering data from the feedback and disseminating it to administrators and other educationalists).
- Reviewing the performance of each department in context of development, implementation, and assessment of ongoing integrated system.
- Reviewing the workings of the Department of Medical Education in response to the needs of institution.
- Improving and involving other disciplines in skill labs and adding it with more advanced technology, like simulation and mannequins.
- Participating and supporting other institutions in development of medical education projects.
- Motivating and training further educationists for the institution and province.
Role of DME:
Dr. Sadia Habib
Dr. M Junaid Khan
Dr. Aysha Rafiq
Mr. Waheed Gulzar
Skill Lab Coordinator
Mr. Izhar Ali
Mr. Sajjad Ahmad
For query: email@example.com