Prof. Dr. Ruqqia Sultana
Quality Enhancement Cell
Quality Enhancement Cell of Ayub Medical College was established in 2019 as one of its permanent department.
The basic aim of the Quality Enhancement Cell is to improve the standard of education bringing it in line with the standards set for Quality Education at National and International level.
The responsibility of QEC is to asses and evaluate the academic policies, Programs and give recommendations accordingly for any improvements if required. Quality Enhancement Cell of Ayub Medical College is engaged in accomplishments of targets set to create quality culture in Ayub Medical College with the advance practices of quality enhancement.
- Implementation of Quality Assurance Framework prescribed by Higher Education Commission to meet the international standards of quality education and research.
- Establish of an effective system of Self Assessment of university programs with the purpose of Quality Enhancement.
- Developing procedures and implementing them for Internal Quality Audit of Institution.
- Assuring that university programs meet the requirements of the requirements of HEC and the councils for accreditation.
- Ensuring improvement of the quality of teaching, research and related students / staff support services through internal audits.
- Taking measures for capacity building of faculty / staff involved in quality assurance measures.
- Collection / provision of university statistics / data for university ranking by national / international agencies.
- Promoting collaboration with national and international universities / organizations.
- Contributing in quality assurance / enhancement of Higher Education at national / international levels.
Functions of QEC:
- The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is to be headed by a Director reporting directly to Dean. He is to be the correspondent with the outside bodies.
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification,
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.