Foreign quota seats are divided into following two types:
- Pakistan Technical Assistance Program Seats
An applicant will be eligible for the said seats subject to following conditions:
- The applicant holds a valid foreign nationality.
- The applicant must have physically studied and passed HSSC/equivalent (Pre-Medical) examination form outside Pakistan during his/her stay abroad, having a certificate from the Institution last attended.
- The applicant must also fulfill the criteria laid down by Economic Affairs division, Ministry of Economic Affairs & Statistics, Government of Pakistan Islamabad.
- The applicant should also fulfill the admission criteria of public sector medical/dental colleges of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Foreign candidates seeking admission under Technical Assistance Program in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Medical/Dental colleges shall submit their applications through their own Government/Embassy to the Economic Affair Division Government of Pakistan Islamabad which will make on merit necessary selection and allocation. The names of the selected candidates for MBBS/BDS course under Technical Assistance Program seats will be communicated directly to the concerned college by the Economic Affairs Division, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad with a copy to Secretary Health, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, for endorsement. The candidate who has passed an examination equivalent to intermediate level of Pakistan from a foreign education system with three science subjects i.e., Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 60% marks as certified by IBCC is eligible to apply to apply for admission in MBBS/BDS. Subject wise equivalence by IBCC shall be acceptable. The final nomination against these seats must reach the concerned medical college before the open merit interviews. The selected candidates against these seats must reach the concerned college 15 days before the start of classes.
2. Pakistan Technical Assistance program seats.
The applicant will be eligible for admission on Foreign Self-Finance seats if:
- He/she holds a valid foreign nationality and also fulfills the admission criteria laid down by Higher Education Commission, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- He/she should also fulfill the admission criteria of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa public sector Medical/Dental Colleges.
Foreign Candidates seeking admission against foreign Self-Finance seats in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Medical/Dental Colleges shall submit their applications through their own Government/Embassy to Higher Education Commission, Government o Pakistan, Islamabad who will make on merit necessary selection and allocation of seat.
Nomination of the selected candidates for MBBS/BDS course against foreign seats will be communicated to the college concerned directly by Higher Education Commission, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad with a copy to Health, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The selected candidates against these seats must reach the concerned college at least 15 day from start of classes.
Seats for Overseas Pakistanis of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/FATA Domicile (OPF Seats):
The candidates seeking admission against the seats reserved for children of overseas Pakistanis Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Medical & Dental Colleges shall have to apply through the Ministry of Labour, Manpower and Overseas Pakistanis, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad in addition to their direct application to the Chairman Joint Admission Commitee.
- The candidate must have domicile of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/FATA.
- The candidate must have appeared in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Medical & Dental College Entrance Test for the current session and have obtained at least 60% unadjusted marks in their F.Sc Pre-Medical or equivalent examination.
- The candidate’s Father/Mother must have valid OPF Membership and Foreign Exchange Remittance Card.
- The candidates seeking admission against the reserved seats must fulfill the requirements laid down by the Ministry of Labor and Manpower, Government of Pakistan.
The application should b recommended to the Chair man Joint Admission Committee through the concerned Ministry. The Joint Admission Committee will finalize the admission on prescribed merit. The OPF candidates from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA applying for these seats can also apply on general open merit and FATA seats respectively.
Eligibility criteria for overseas students:
- The candidate who has passed an examination equivalent to intermediate level of Pakistan from a foreign education system with three science subject out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential subject with 60% marks in each as certified by IBCC is eligible to apply for admission in MBBS/BDS. On open merit seats no admission shall be given except through the provincial entry test.
- On foreign seats only and not on open merit seats, in lieu of the entry test of the admission authority, the candidates is required to have passed SAT II examination score with minimum 550 marks in each of the three science subjects out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential subjects as per criteria laid down by IBCC for pre-medical group.
- The candidate is required to present a valid TOEFL or IELTS with a core of 500 or 5.5 respectively only if the medium of instruction of study 6 years prior to application for admission/entry test is not English.
An alternate to TOEFL and IELT is a certification by NUML Islamabad after a one year English Language course.